Trilennium owns the strategic thinking methodology CMR™.
CMR™ was produced in conjunction with General Electric and Canadian Aviation Electronics along with Trilennium’s Chief Acquisition Officer R.W. Harrison, who implemented CMR™ at Stantec Engineering (TSX: STN). Stantec expanded to 6,200 engineers and a $1.4 billion market capitalization. Trilennium has expanded on CMR™ for its mergers and acquisitions program.
COMPETENCY – MARKET – RELATIONSHIPS
- CMR™ – Competency – Market – Relationships
- CMR™ creates new markets that spot lucrative and accessible acquisitions.
- CMR™ allows organizations to think through situation and develop a strategy to improve and exploit core competences, and direct these capabilities towards optimum available markets.
- CMR™ also includes a financing strategy: a bank line of credit is arranged; funds are invested into acquisitions; debt is sold to the bank’s pension and mutual funds; the line of credit is refreshed. The cycle is repeated until the program is completed.
Identifying Candidate Sectors for Consolidation
CMR™ uses the following indicators to define sectors ideal for consolidation:
- No single-source suppliers
- Business processes not streamlined
- No industry leadership
- Lacking in technology integration
Trilennium has identified the Social Purpose Sector as an ideal sector for consolidation.